As a top drug possession attorney, Jim Sharon Bearden, Jr., has an unparalleled record in successfully defending drug possession cases at The Bearden Law Firm. You need a “go to” drug possession attorney who understands the complex laws that apply in different types of possession cases. In Texas, if a person is found to be in possession of an illicit drug, that person can face jail or prison time, probation, fines, and mandatory treatment. In addition, even with a prescription, a person can face drug charges if the drug is not kept in the proper prescription bottle.
Drug possession cases are often categorized as follows:
- Marijuana group: marijuana, synthetic marijuana/cannabinoids (commonly known as K2 and Spice)
- Narcotics: opium, morphine, codeine, hydrocodone (Vicodin, Lorcet, Lortab), oxycodone (Percodan, Percocet)
- Stimulants: cocaine, amphetamines, and prescription drugs such as Adderall
- Depressants: opiates such as, heroin, opioid painkillers, barbiturates, benzodiazepines such as Alprazolam or Xanax, Lorazepam or Ativan, Diazepam or Valium
- Hallucinogens: LSD (commonly known as acid), PCP and mushrooms